White House spokesman says that President Obama opposes the Boy Scouts of America's controversial policy banning gay scouts and troop leaders. President Obama believes that Scouting has helped to educate and build character in boys, White House spokesman Shin Inouye said in a statement reported Wednesday, but "he also opposes discrimination in all forms, and as such opposes this policy that discriminates on basis of sexual orientation."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- How to take the perfect profile picture for online dating, according to science
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
Subscribe to the Week