A White House spokesman says that President Obama opposes the Boy Scouts of America's controversial policy banning gay scouts and troop leaders. President Obama believes that Scouting has helped to educate and build character in boys, White House spokesman Shin Inouye said in a statement reported Wednesday, but "he also opposes discrimination in all forms, and as such opposes this policy that discriminates on basis of sexual orientation."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- The NFL is terrified of the culture war
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
Subscribe to the Week