A White House spokesman says that President Obama opposes the Boy Scouts of America's controversial policy banning gay scouts and troop leaders. President Obama believes that Scouting has helped to educate and build character in boys, White House spokesman Shin Inouye said in a statement reported Wednesday, but "he also opposes discrimination in all forms, and as such opposes this policy that discriminates on basis of sexual orientation."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: July 22, 2014
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week