Gu Kailai, the wife of former Chinese Politburo member Bo Xilai, has admitted to poisoning British businessman Neil Heywood, a court official told reporters Thursday. Gu's butler has reportedly confessed, also. Premeditated murder carries the death penalty in China, but the court official suggested that Gu might be spared, because she feared Heywood would harm her 24-year-old son, Bo Guagua, over a financial dispute.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- This Indian meal service is so efficient it's the envy of FedEx
- How to flirt, according to science
Subscribe to the Week