How hard is it to join the Ku Klux Klan?
Sikh Temple shooter Wade Michael Page once secured an application to join the KKK. Brian Palmer at Slate examines the Klan vetting process
A Ku Klux Klansman stands by a North Carolina highway in 1989, after the state refused to allow the Klan to adopt a stretch of highway: Today, a Georgia KKK group is trying adopt a mile of its own.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- 10 things you need to know today: November 21, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week