ccording to an analysis by The Wall Street Journal of 129 gold-medal winners at the London Games, about 16 percent of winners cried during the ceremony, while another 16 percent bit or kissed the medal. While Chinese athletes cried the least, with only 7 percent of its athletes turning on the waterworks, they sang the most, with a whopping 92 percent of them singing their national anthem on the podium.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
Subscribe to the Week