ccording to an analysis by The Wall Street Journal of 129 gold-medal winners at the London Games, about 16 percent of winners cried during the ceremony, while another 16 percent bit or kissed the medal. While Chinese athletes cried the least, with only 7 percent of its athletes turning on the waterworks, they sang the most, with a whopping 92 percent of them singing their national anthem on the podium.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show and Judge Andrew Napolitano play 'The Weakest Lincoln'
Subscribe to the Week