According to an analysis by The Wall Street Journal of 129 gold-medal winners at the London Games, about 16 percent of winners cried during the ceremony, while another 16 percent bit or kissed the medal. While Chinese athletes cried the least, with only 7 percent of its athletes turning on the waterworks, they sang the most, with a whopping 92 percent of them singing their national anthem on the podium.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- On immigration, Obama is flirting with tyranny
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hillary Clinton needs to win big in 2016. Here's how she can do it.
- 10 things you need to know today: November 20, 2014
- Why are newspaper comics so terrible?
- Don't change a thing: 8 inventions that never needed updating
Subscribe to the Week