n Thursday, Florida prosecutors accidentally released a photo of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin's body to several media outlets, quickly retracting the grainy, "barely recognizable," black-and-white photo 25 minutes later. Under state law, the photo — and a record of shooter George Zimmerman's college grades, also mistakenly distributed — are confidential and exempt from disclosure. The grades showed that Zimmerman failed a class and didn't graduate, despite his earlier claims, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Captain America won over China
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week