OOD DAY FOR:
Entrepreneurial eBay users start selling first-generation iPhones (which came out in 2007) for the hefty price of $10,000. [New York Daily News]
Being glued to your smartphone
A 17-year-old from Wisconsin takes home $50,000 after he places first in LG's Texting Championship. [Death & Taxes]
Keepin' it fresh
The prisoners at Guantanamo Bay have reportedly been watching a lot of '90s sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel Air. [New York]
BAD DAY FOR:
A New Jersey woman sues after footage from her instructional breastfeeding video is spliced into a porn video. [Gothamist]
A Pennsylvania man accidentally dials 911 during a drug deal, and is arrested after his entire conversation with his dealer is recorded. [AP]
Wales' Western Mail accidentally publishes "LOL" in a photo caption about the victim of a fatal car crash. [Gawker]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- The worrying rise of the anti-vaccination movement
- Can Rand Paul avoid the Neville Chamberlain trap?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
Subscribe to the Week