GOOD DAY FOR:
Entrepreneurial eBay users start selling first-generation iPhones (which came out in 2007) for the hefty price of $10,000. [New York Daily News]
Being glued to your smartphone
A 17-year-old from Wisconsin takes home $50,000 after he places first in LG's Texting Championship. [Death & Taxes]
Keepin' it fresh
The prisoners at Guantanamo Bay have reportedly been watching a lot of '90s sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel Air. [New York]
BAD DAY FOR:
A New Jersey woman sues after footage from her instructional breastfeeding video is spliced into a porn video. [Gothamist]
A Pennsylvania man accidentally dials 911 during a drug deal, and is arrested after his entire conversation with his dealer is recorded. [AP]
Wales' Western Mail accidentally publishes "LOL" in a photo caption about the victim of a fatal car crash. [Gawker]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week