OOD DAY FOR:
Entrepreneurial eBay users start selling first-generation iPhones (which came out in 2007) for the hefty price of $10,000. [New York Daily News]
Being glued to your smartphone
A 17-year-old from Wisconsin takes home $50,000 after he places first in LG's Texting Championship. [Death & Taxes]
Keepin' it fresh
The prisoners at Guantanamo Bay have reportedly been watching a lot of '90s sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel Air. [New York]
BAD DAY FOR:
A New Jersey woman sues after footage from her instructional breastfeeding video is spliced into a porn video. [Gothamist]
A Pennsylvania man accidentally dials 911 during a drug deal, and is arrested after his entire conversation with his dealer is recorded. [AP]
Wales' Western Mail accidentally publishes "LOL" in a photo caption about the victim of a fatal car crash. [Gawker]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
Subscribe to the Week