merican runner Manteo Mitchell revealed that he finished his leg of the men's 4x400 heat with a broken leg. "As soon as I took the first step past the 200m mark, I felt it break," he said. "But I didn't want to let the three guys or the team down, so I just ran on it." Despite Mitchell's injury, the team still managed to post a qualifying time in the heat.
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Did God have a wife?
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- 10 things you need to know today: December 9, 2013
- Watch SNL delightfully mess with all your childhood Christmas favorites
- Your financial to-do list for December
- The executioners' lament
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Homeland recap: 'Big Man in Tehran'
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week