merican runner Manteo Mitchell revealed that he finished his leg of the men's 4x400 heat with a broken leg. "As soon as I took the first step past the 200m mark, I felt it break," he said. "But I didn't want to let the three guys or the team down, so I just ran on it." Despite Mitchell's injury, the team still managed to post a qualifying time in the heat.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
Subscribe to the Week