Usain Bolt made history in the men's 200m sprint on Thursday, crossing the finish line with a time of 19.32 seconds, a 2012 world-best time. He becomes the first athlete ever to sweep the 100m and 200m in consecutive Olympics. Joining him on the podium are Jamaican countrymen Yohan Blake and Warren Weir, who finished silver and bronze, respectively.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 8 ways you're probably overspending without even realizing it
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- 6 constitutional amendments that just missed the cut
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week