hile he fell short of the world record he set in June, American Ashton Eaton still claimed the gold in the decathlon Aug. 9. After ten events, spread over two days, Eaton earned a score of 8,869, the eighth-highest in Olympic history. His teammate Trey Hardee finished second, marking the first time the U.S. won two decathlon medals in the same Olympics since 1956.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 10 things you need to know today: December 8, 2013
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Science: Cuddling is key to a committed and loving relationship
Subscribe to the Week