ech bloggers reported Thursday that Apple retail stores had begun matching iPhone discounts offered by major carriers and retailers, fueling speculation that the company is gearing up for a September launch of the next incarnation of the blockbuster smartphone, the iPhone 5. That could mean buyers can get an iPhone 4S for as little as $150, or an iPhone 4 for $50. Apple CEO Tim Cook says iPhone sales growth has been slowing thanks to all the iPhone 5 rumors, because people are putting off purchases to wait for the "next big thing."
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- The logic behind the world's 4 weirdest strategic reserves
- 6 photos that Facebook controversially banned
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Is it possible to live forever?
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: The world's front pages
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
The history of Santa Claus: 7 interesting facts
- The indignity of canine bath time
Subscribe to the Week