ere days before the eight-year deadline, the International Olympic Committee officially stripped U.S. cyclist Tyler Hamilton of his 2004 gold medal at the Athens games on doping charges. The revocation was prompted by his recent admission to doping on CBS' 60 minutes. The medal will now go to Russian cyclist Viatcheslav Ekimov; American rider Bobby Julich will be moved up from bronze to silver; and Australian Michael Rogers will be moved up to the podium to earn the bronze.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
Subscribe to the Week