Mere days before the eight-year deadline, the International Olympic Committee officially stripped U.S. cyclist Tyler Hamilton of his 2004 gold medal at the Athens games on doping charges. The revocation was prompted by his recent admission to doping on CBS' 60 minutes. The medal will now go to Russian cyclist Viatcheslav Ekimov; American rider Bobby Julich will be moved up from bronze to silver; and Australian Michael Rogers will be moved up to the podium to earn the bronze.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- How to make corn dogs
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week