eam USA's Tianna Madison, Allyson Felix, Bianca Knight, and Carmelita Jeter won gold in the women's 4x100 relay, shattering East Germany's 1985 world record of 41.37 seconds with a time of 40.82 seconds. The win marked a comeback for Team USA, reclaiming the title for the first time since 1996.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
Subscribe to the Week