eam USA's Tianna Madison, Allyson Felix, Bianca Knight, and Carmelita Jeter won gold in the women's 4x100 relay, shattering East Germany's 1985 world record of 41.37 seconds with a time of 40.82 seconds. The win marked a comeback for Team USA, reclaiming the title for the first time since 1996.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 20, 2014
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
Subscribe to the Week