he NBA's most coveted free agent is officially headed to Los Angeles. After a long, drama-filled summer, all-star center Dwight Howard is joining the Lakers as part of a massive four-team deal that sends Andrew Bynum and Jason Richardson to the Philadelphia 76ers, U.S. Olympian Andre Iguodala to the Denver Nuggets, and three protected first-round draft picks to the Orlando Magic with Arron Afflalo and Al Harrington (among other players). Los Angeles now boasts a starting line-up of Steve Nash, Kobe Bryant, Metta World Peace, Pau Gasol, and Howard. A press conference is scheduled for 8 p.m. EST.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week