The NBA's most coveted free agent is officially headed to Los Angeles. After a long, drama-filled summer, all-star center Dwight Howard is joining the Lakers as part of a massive four-team deal that sends Andrew Bynum and Jason Richardson to the Philadelphia 76ers, U.S. Olympian Andre Iguodala to the Denver Nuggets, and three protected first-round draft picks to the Orlando Magic with Arron Afflalo and Al Harrington (among other players). Los Angeles now boasts a starting line-up of Steve Nash, Kobe Bryant, Metta World Peace, Pau Gasol, and Howard. A press conference is scheduled for 8 p.m. EST.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- California's epic drought
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: September 20, 2014
- Peter Thiel, and the not-so-secret secret of innovative success
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week