he NBA's most coveted free agent is officially headed to Los Angeles. After a long, drama-filled summer, all-star center Dwight Howard is joining the Lakers as part of a massive four-team deal that sends Andrew Bynum and Jason Richardson to the Philadelphia 76ers, U.S. Olympian Andre Iguodala to the Denver Nuggets, and three protected first-round draft picks to the Orlando Magic with Arron Afflalo and Al Harrington (among other players). Los Angeles now boasts a starting line-up of Steve Nash, Kobe Bryant, Metta World Peace, Pau Gasol, and Howard. A press conference is scheduled for 8 p.m. EST.
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- 10 things you need to know today: December 10, 2013
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- 5 theories to explain North Korea's big mysterious purge
- Did God have a wife?
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The secrets of happy families
- Why Newt Gingrich is getting flak for defending Nelson Mandela
Subscribe to the Week