The NBA's most coveted free agent is officially headed to Los Angeles. After a long, drama-filled summer, all-star center Dwight Howard is joining the Lakers as part of a massive four-team deal that sends Andrew Bynum and Jason Richardson to the Philadelphia 76ers, U.S. Olympian Andre Iguodala to the Denver Nuggets, and three protected first-round draft picks to the Orlando Magic with Arron Afflalo and Al Harrington (among other players). Los Angeles now boasts a starting line-up of Steve Nash, Kobe Bryant, Metta World Peace, Pau Gasol, and Howard. A press conference is scheduled for 8 p.m. EST.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
- Inside America's crumbling infrastructure
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
Subscribe to the Week