t 7 a.m. EST Mitt Romney's campaign alerted his supporters via an iPhone app that he has chosen Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) as his running mate, with the candidate later making a formal announcement in Norfolk, Va. By choosing the seven-term congressman — "the intellectual heart of the movement within the Republican Party to slash deficits" — Romney has made a potentially "bold but risky move." Romney's choice signals "a desire to place the nation's looming fiscal challenges at the center of the campaign's final months."
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The Black Death is back
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Millennial women have seriously narrowed the wage gap with men
- 5 surprising snubs from the Golden Globe nominations
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
Subscribe to the Week