Mexico beat Brazil 2-1 on Saturday to win the gold medal in soccer, the country's first gold medal in the sport. Mexican striker Oribe Peralta scored two goals, the first in the opening minute of the game, and Mexico held on for a victory over powerhouse Brazil.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to live a long life, according to science
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- The real lesson of the looming Martha Coakley disaster
Subscribe to the Week