Mexico beat Brazil 2-1 on Saturday to win the gold medal in soccer, the country's first gold medal in the sport. Mexican striker Oribe Peralta scored two goals, the first in the opening minute of the game, and Mexico held on for a victory over powerhouse Brazil.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- Boyhood's refreshingly unsentimental take on motherhood
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
Subscribe to the Week