wo earthquakes of magnitudes 6.4 and 6.3, which struck within 11 minutes of each other in northwest Iran, left 227 people dead and 1,380 injured. Search and rescue operations have ended, and Interior Minister Moustafa Mohammad-Najjar said that "we are now working to ensure survivors' needs in terms of shelter and food." Half of the 600 villages located in the disaster zone were damaged or destroyed.
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- Millennial women have seriously narrowed the wage gap with men
- The Black Death is back
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
Subscribe to the Week