On Saturday, First Lady Michelle Obama surprised doctors and nurses at the Medical Center of Aurora in Colorado, where victims of the July 20 shooting at a screening of The Dark Knight Rises were taken to be treated after the massacre. Twelve people were killed and 58 were injured when alleged gunman James Holmes opened fire at the midnight screening. The First Lady thanked medical staff for caring for the victims in a visit that lasted an hour.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Pope Francis' American problem
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Your weekly streaming recommendation: The One I Love
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
Subscribe to the Week