n Saturday, First Lady Michelle Obama surprised doctors and nurses at the Medical Center of Aurora in Colorado, where victims of the July 20 shooting at a screening of The Dark Knight Rises were taken to be treated after the massacre. Twelve people were killed and 58 were injured when alleged gunman James Holmes opened fire at the midnight screening. The First Lady thanked medical staff for caring for the victims in a visit that lasted an hour.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- How to take the perfect profile picture for online dating, according to science
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
- The one simple thing that can make you much more impressive
Subscribe to the Week