s Mitt Romney continues a bus tour in Florida, his newly tapped vice presidential contender Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) will be meeting voters Monday at the Iowa State Fair — just as President Obama begins his own bus tour there. Ryan's first solo campaign event "may help determine whether conservative excitement for the Wisconsin congressman — and his controversial budget plans — will overshadow Romney's own economic message," which Democrats are hoping for.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
Subscribe to the Week