OOD DAY FOR:
A German Shepherd mix pulls her ten-day-old puppies from a burning house one by one and deposits them safely on a fire truck. [Gawker]
An amateur photographer helps discover a new insect species after a entomologist identifies the strange bug in one of his photographs. [Daily Dot]
CNN announces that Candy Crowley will be the first woman to moderate a presidential debate in 20 years. [The Frisky]
BAD DAY FOR:
Confusing life and the movies
An NBC announcer mistakes Jesse Eisenberg, who played Mark Zuckerberg in The Social Network, for the Facebook founder at the Olympics. [Business Insider]
Team Romney's social-media-savvy
Mitt Romney's "Mitt's VP" app, whose entire purpose was to alert supporters to the candidate's veep pick, is 7 hours late in making the announcement. [Tecca]
Touting your accomplishments
A plastic surgeon puts X-rated before-and-after photos of her clients' breast augmentations online without their consent.[Jezebel]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: August 10, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- What The Americans gets wrong about Russian spies
Subscribe to the Week