GOOD DAY FOR:
A German Shepherd mix pulls her ten-day-old puppies from a burning house one by one and deposits them safely on a fire truck. [Gawker]
An amateur photographer helps discover a new insect species after a entomologist identifies the strange bug in one of his photographs. [Daily Dot]
CNN announces that Candy Crowley will be the first woman to moderate a presidential debate in 20 years. [The Frisky]
BAD DAY FOR:
Confusing life and the movies
An NBC announcer mistakes Jesse Eisenberg, who played Mark Zuckerberg in The Social Network, for the Facebook founder at the Olympics. [Business Insider]
Team Romney's social-media-savvy
Mitt Romney's "Mitt's VP" app, whose entire purpose was to alert supporters to the candidate's veep pick, is 7 hours late in making the announcement. [Tecca]
Touting your accomplishments
A plastic surgeon puts X-rated before-and-after photos of her clients' breast augmentations online without their consent.[Jezebel]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: August 10, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week