OOD DAY FOR:
A German Shepherd mix pulls her ten-day-old puppies from a burning house one by one and deposits them safely on a fire truck. [Gawker]
An amateur photographer helps discover a new insect species after a entomologist identifies the strange bug in one of his photographs. [Daily Dot]
CNN announces that Candy Crowley will be the first woman to moderate a presidential debate in 20 years. [The Frisky]
BAD DAY FOR:
Confusing life and the movies
An NBC announcer mistakes Jesse Eisenberg, who played Mark Zuckerberg in The Social Network, for the Facebook founder at the Olympics. [Business Insider]
Team Romney's social-media-savvy
Mitt Romney's "Mitt's VP" app, whose entire purpose was to alert supporters to the candidate's veep pick, is 7 hours late in making the announcement. [Tecca]
Touting your accomplishments
A plastic surgeon puts X-rated before-and-after photos of her clients' breast augmentations online without their consent.[Jezebel]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: August 10, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This energy source could solve all of our problems — so why is no one talking about it?
- 10 things you need to know today: March 9, 2014
Subscribe to the Week