hree people were killed in a shooting near Texas A&M university on Monday. Among the dead are a Texas constable, a male civilian, and the alleged gunman, who died while in police custody (after being wounded and captured by authorities). Three others were injured, including two police officers and one female civilian. Officials say police arrived on the scene following 911 calls placed before shots rang out, and reports suggest that the gunman may have been reacting to an eviction. The whole ordeal lasted about 15 minutes, beginning at 12:29 p.m. CT.
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The Black Death is back
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
Subscribe to the Week