Three people were killed in a shooting near Texas A&M university on Monday. Among the dead are a Texas constable, a male civilian, and the alleged gunman, who died while in police custody (after being wounded and captured by authorities). Three others were injured, including two police officers and one female civilian. Officials say police arrived on the scene following 911 calls placed before shots rang out, and reports suggest that the gunman may have been reacting to an eviction. The whole ordeal lasted about 15 minutes, beginning at 12:29 p.m. CT.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
Subscribe to the Week