Three people were killed in a shooting near Texas A&M university on Monday. Among the dead are a Texas constable, a male civilian, and the alleged gunman, who died while in police custody (after being wounded and captured by authorities). Three others were injured, including two police officers and one female civilian. Officials say police arrived on the scene following 911 calls placed before shots rang out, and reports suggest that the gunman may have been reacting to an eviction. The whole ordeal lasted about 15 minutes, beginning at 12:29 p.m. CT.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week