hree people were killed in a shooting near Texas A&M university on Monday. Among the dead are a Texas constable, a male civilian, and the alleged gunman, who died while in police custody (after being wounded and captured by authorities). Three others were injured, including two police officers and one female civilian. Officials say police arrived on the scene following 911 calls placed before shots rang out, and reports suggest that the gunman may have been reacting to an eviction. The whole ordeal lasted about 15 minutes, beginning at 12:29 p.m. CT.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: April 20, 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
Subscribe to the Week