Three people were killed in a shooting near Texas A&M university on Monday. Among the dead are a Texas constable, a male civilian, and the alleged gunman, who died while in police custody (after being wounded and captured by authorities). Three others were injured, including two police officers and one female civilian. Officials say police arrived on the scene following 911 calls placed before shots rang out, and reports suggest that the gunman may have been reacting to an eviction. The whole ordeal lasted about 15 minutes, beginning at 12:29 p.m. CT.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week