Three people were killed in a shooting near Texas A&M university on Monday. Among the dead are a Texas constable, a male civilian, and the alleged gunman, who died while in police custody (after being wounded and captured by authorities). Three others were injured, including two police officers and one female civilian. Officials say police arrived on the scene following 911 calls placed before shots rang out, and reports suggest that the gunman may have been reacting to an eviction. The whole ordeal lasted about 15 minutes, beginning at 12:29 p.m. CT.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week