Three people were killed in a shooting near Texas A&M university on Monday. Among the dead are a Texas constable, a male civilian, and the alleged gunman, who died while in police custody (after being wounded and captured by authorities). Three others were injured, including two police officers and one female civilian. Officials say police arrived on the scene following 911 calls placed before shots rang out, and reports suggest that the gunman may have been reacting to an eviction. The whole ordeal lasted about 15 minutes, beginning at 12:29 p.m. CT.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: August 29, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week