NN's chief political correspondent Candy Crowley will be the first female moderator of a U.S. presidential debate since 1992, when Carol Simpson of ABC News hosted Bill Clinton, George H.W. Bush, and H. Ross Perot. The other two of this year's three presidential debates will be moderated by Jim Lehrer of PBS' NewsHour and Bob Schieffer of CBS News' Face the Nation. Crowley's town hall-style debate, the second of the three, will focus on foreign and domestic issues. The debate is scheduled for Oct. 16 in Hempstead, N.Y.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- When will the Big One strike California?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Entrepreneurs: A dying breed?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
Subscribe to the Week