CNN's chief political correspondent Candy Crowley will be the first female moderator of a U.S. presidential debate since 1992, when Carol Simpson of ABC News hosted Bill Clinton, George H.W. Bush, and H. Ross Perot. The other two of this year's three presidential debates will be moderated by Jim Lehrer of PBS' NewsHour and Bob Schieffer of CBS News' Face the Nation. Crowley's town hall-style debate, the second of the three, will focus on foreign and domestic issues. The debate is scheduled for Oct. 16 in Hempstead, N.Y.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 31, 2014
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- How to make salads for reluctant salad eaters
Subscribe to the Week