CNN's chief political correspondent Candy Crowley will be the first female moderator of a U.S. presidential debate since 1992, when Carol Simpson of ABC News hosted Bill Clinton, George H.W. Bush, and H. Ross Perot. The other two of this year's three presidential debates will be moderated by Jim Lehrer of PBS' NewsHour and Bob Schieffer of CBS News' Face the Nation. Crowley's town hall-style debate, the second of the three, will focus on foreign and domestic issues. The debate is scheduled for Oct. 16 in Hempstead, N.Y.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 10 things you need to know today: September 17, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
Subscribe to the Week