CNN's chief political correspondent Candy Crowley will be the first female moderator of a U.S. presidential debate since 1992, when Carol Simpson of ABC News hosted Bill Clinton, George H.W. Bush, and H. Ross Perot. The other two of this year's three presidential debates will be moderated by Jim Lehrer of PBS' NewsHour and Bob Schieffer of CBS News' Face the Nation. Crowley's town hall-style debate, the second of the three, will focus on foreign and domestic issues. The debate is scheduled for Oct. 16 in Hempstead, N.Y.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Cuba should beware of Westerners bearing gifts
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
Subscribe to the Week