NN's chief political correspondent Candy Crowley will be the first female moderator of a U.S. presidential debate since 1992, when Carol Simpson of ABC News hosted Bill Clinton, George H.W. Bush, and H. Ross Perot. The other two of this year's three presidential debates will be moderated by Jim Lehrer of PBS' NewsHour and Bob Schieffer of CBS News' Face the Nation. Crowley's town hall-style debate, the second of the three, will focus on foreign and domestic issues. The debate is scheduled for Oct. 16 in Hempstead, N.Y.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bill O'Reilly: Obama's comedy is unpresidential, because Abe Lincoln
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
Subscribe to the Week