olice in College Station, Texas, identified Thomas Caffall, 35, as the man who shot a handful of people on Monday, killing two of them, before dying in police custody from wounds sustained in the bloody standoff. Caffall allegedly shot and killed Brazos County Constable Brian Bachmann when the law officer arrived to serve an eviction notice at the house where Caffall was located, a few blocks from Texas A&M University. The confrontation led to a 30-minute shootout with police. A bystander, identified as Chris Northcliff, 43, was also killed in the gun battle, and two officers and a civilian woman, 55, were wounded.
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
Subscribe to the Week