olice in College Station, Texas, identified Thomas Caffall, 35, as the man who shot a handful of people on Monday, killing two of them, before dying in police custody from wounds sustained in the bloody standoff. Caffall allegedly shot and killed Brazos County Constable Brian Bachmann when the law officer arrived to serve an eviction notice at the house where Caffall was located, a few blocks from Texas A&M University. The confrontation led to a 30-minute shootout with police. A bystander, identified as Chris Northcliff, 43, was also killed in the gun battle, and two officers and a civilian woman, 55, were wounded.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
Subscribe to the Week