tandard Chartered agreed to pay $340 million to settle charges from New York financial regulators that the British bank had conspired with Iran's government to launder billions of dollars in violation of U.S. sanctions on Tehran. The bank denied the specific charges, but the settlement includes two years of government monitoring of Standard's New York branches and a permanent internal auditor for its overseas transactions.
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- The secrets of happy families
- Antarctica recently experienced the coldest day in recorded history
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Godzilla: Watch the surprisingly grim trailer for the blockbuster reboot
- Is the rent really too damn high?
- Americans are wealthier than ever*
Subscribe to the Week