Former first daughter Chelsea Clinton says in the September issue of Vogue that she isn't ruling out following in her father and mother's footsteps, and making a run for elected office. Before her mom, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, made her bid for the Democratic presidential nomination, Chelsea says, she never imagined going into politics. "Her life is a testament to the principle that there are many ways to serve," the younger Clinton says. So now she, too, would consider taking the plunge if "it was something I felt called to do."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song': Explaining the 22-year-old tune's pop-culture references
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
Subscribe to the Week