San Francisco Giants outfielder Melky Cabrera has been suspended without pay for 50 games after testing positive for testosterone, which Major League Baseball considers an illegal performance-enhancing substance. The Giants only have 45 games left to play in the regular season. Cabrera is slated to become a free agent at the end of this season, so his prospects for a bigger contract could be in jeopardy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Pope Francis' American problem
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week