San Francisco Giants outfielder Melky Cabrera has been suspended without pay for 50 games after testing positive for testosterone, which Major League Baseball considers an illegal performance-enhancing substance. The Giants only have 45 games left to play in the regular season. Cabrera is slated to become a free agent at the end of this season, so his prospects for a bigger contract could be in jeopardy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- Boyhood's refreshingly unsentimental take on motherhood
Subscribe to the Week