n Wednesday, the Powerball jackpot hit $320 million, the fourth biggest prize in the drawing's history. The largest total ever ($365 million) was split between a group of eight co-workers at a Nebraska meat-packing plant back in 2006. Earlier this year, an 81-year-old Rhode Island woman took home the third largest pot, $336.4 million. The numbers will be announced at 10:59 p.m. EST.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
- How to take the perfect profile picture for online dating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week