On Wednesday, the Powerball jackpot hit $320 million, the fourth biggest prize in the drawing's history. The largest total ever ($365 million) was split between a group of eight co-workers at a Nebraska meat-packing plant back in 2006. Earlier this year, an 81-year-old Rhode Island woman took home the third largest pot, $336.4 million. The numbers will be announced at 10:59 p.m. EST.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How I lost all my money
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- The best books we read in 2014
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to wrap a present with mathematical precision (and waste less paper)
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week