n Wednesday, the Powerball jackpot hit $320 million, the fourth biggest prize in the drawing's history. The largest total ever ($365 million) was split between a group of eight co-workers at a Nebraska meat-packing plant back in 2006. Earlier this year, an 81-year-old Rhode Island woman took home the third largest pot, $336.4 million. The numbers will be announced at 10:59 p.m. EST.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week