On Wednesday, the Powerball jackpot hit $320 million, the fourth biggest prize in the drawing's history. The largest total ever ($365 million) was split between a group of eight co-workers at a Nebraska meat-packing plant back in 2006. Earlier this year, an 81-year-old Rhode Island woman took home the third largest pot, $336.4 million. The numbers will be announced at 10:59 p.m. EST.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- How to live a long life, according to science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Imagine: The Democratic States of America
Subscribe to the Week