On Wednesday, the Powerball jackpot hit $320 million, the fourth biggest prize in the drawing's history. The largest total ever ($365 million) was split between a group of eight co-workers at a Nebraska meat-packing plant back in 2006. Earlier this year, an 81-year-old Rhode Island woman took home the third largest pot, $336.4 million. The numbers will be announced at 10:59 p.m. EST.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- A scientific fact-check of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
Subscribe to the Week