he gunman who shot and wounded a security guard inside the Washington D.C. headquarters of the Family Research Council (FRC) was reportedly carrying a Chick-fil-A bag — presumably a protest against the conservative lobby group's strong opposition to gay marriage, a stance it shares with the fast food restaurant. The alleged shooter has been identified by NBC sources as 28-year-old Floyd Corkins from Herdon, Va. According to reports, the shooter opened fire after trying to enter the building around 10:45 a.m. EST and being denied by security.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week