he gunman who shot and wounded a security guard inside the Washington D.C. headquarters of the Family Research Council (FRC) was reportedly carrying a Chick-fil-A bag — presumably a protest against the conservative lobby group's strong opposition to gay marriage, a stance it shares with the fast food restaurant. The alleged shooter has been identified by NBC sources as 28-year-old Floyd Corkins from Herdon, Va. According to reports, the shooter opened fire after trying to enter the building around 10:45 a.m. EST and being denied by security.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- What Pope John Paul II could have learned from Sinead O'Connor
Subscribe to the Week