he gunman who shot and wounded a security guard inside the Washington D.C. headquarters of the Family Research Council (FRC) was reportedly carrying a Chick-fil-A bag — presumably a protest against the conservative lobby group's strong opposition to gay marriage, a stance it shares with the fast food restaurant. The alleged shooter has been identified by NBC sources as 28-year-old Floyd Corkins from Herdon, Va. According to reports, the shooter opened fire after trying to enter the building around 10:45 a.m. EST and being denied by security.
- The logic behind the world's 4 weirdest strategic reserves
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Is it possible to live forever?
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: The world's front pages
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: A tribute in photos and prose
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- 11 languages spoken by 11 people or fewer
- Are Democrats backing the GOP into another government shutdown?
Subscribe to the Week