The gunman who shot and wounded a security guard inside the Washington D.C. headquarters of the Family Research Council (FRC) was reportedly carrying a Chick-fil-A bag — presumably a protest against the conservative lobby group's strong opposition to gay marriage, a stance it shares with the fast food restaurant. The alleged shooter has been identified by NBC sources as 28-year-old Floyd Corkins from Herdon, Va. According to reports, the shooter opened fire after trying to enter the building around 10:45 a.m. EST and being denied by security.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
Subscribe to the Week