The gunman who shot and wounded a security guard inside the Washington D.C. headquarters of the Family Research Council (FRC) was reportedly carrying a Chick-fil-A bag — presumably a protest against the conservative lobby group's strong opposition to gay marriage, a stance it shares with the fast food restaurant. The alleged shooter has been identified by NBC sources as 28-year-old Floyd Corkins from Herdon, Va. According to reports, the shooter opened fire after trying to enter the building around 10:45 a.m. EST and being denied by security.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week