he U.S. men's soccer team beat Mexico, 1-0, at Estadio Azteca in Mexico City, ending 75 years of successive losses on Mexican soil. The first-ever win in Mexico also ended a 24-game losing streak by the U.S. defender Michael Orozco Fiscal, who scored the game's only goal in the 80th minute. U.S. goalkeeper Tim Howard blocked Mexico's stepped-up efforts to even the score in the final 10 minutes. "It's huge for, I think, all American fans, it's huge for the team, and it's historic," said U.S. coach Jurgen Klinsmann.
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 6 photos that Facebook controversially banned
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Is it possible to live forever?
- China's massive pollution problem
- The indignity of canine bath time
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- 11 languages spoken by 11 people or fewer
Subscribe to the Week