OOD DAY FOR:
Facilitating real-life conversations
A Los Angeles restaurant owner offers a 5 percent discount to customers who ditch their cell phones at the door. [Newser]
Thinking outside the bon
Cinnabon rolls out its latest creation, the Pizzabon, which will feature pizza sauce and fillings rolled up in its signature dough. [TIME]
Marking your calendar
Captain America groupies, rejoice! Marvel announces that The Avengers 2 will be released on May 1, 2015. [New York]
BAD DAY FOR:
A driver in rural Norway swerves to avoid a moose on the road, and ends up hitting a bear instead. [Discovery News]
Going on vacation
A prankster plants watercress in a vacationing co-worker's keyboard, and documents its rapid growth with an animated gif. [HyperVocal]
Indie band Silversun Pickups sends Mitt Romney a cease-and-desist letter requesting that he stop using their song "Panic Switch" without permission on his campaign tour. [Death & Taxes]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- How to make homemade marshmallow Peeps
Subscribe to the Week