he Taliban is claiming that it shot down a Black Hawk helicopter in southern Afghanistan, causing it to crash and kill seven U.S. troops and four Afghans. The Thursday crash marked another deadly day for the U.S. in Afghanistan, less than a week after six American service members were gunned down, "apparently by two members of the Afghan security forces they were training to take over the fight against the insurgency as international combat troops prepare to exit the country by the end of 2014." NATO is still investigating the cause of the crash.
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The hotel of enlightenment
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- Girls on Film: Stephen Frears' pioneering platform for older actresses
Subscribe to the Week