ccording to the U.S. Army, 26 active-duty soldiers killed themselves in July, more than double the suicides in June (12), and bringing 2012's total to 116. The July tally was the highest since the military branch began keeping suicide statistics. The Associated Press notes that the Army's suicide numbers are higher than those for other services, including the Marine Corps, Navy, and Air Force, because the Army has more active servicemen to begin with.
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Battle in a blizzard
- The secrets of happy families
- Did God have a wife?
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- 7 strange things found in people's stomachs [Updated]
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week