yrian President Bashar al-Assad performed Eid prayers at a Damascus mosque on Sunday — his first public appearance since a deadly bombing in the country's capital last month. The footage of Assad praying was shown on state-run television. Assad's power has wilted during a brutal 17-month revolt and civil war, and many experts predict that the leader's days are numbered. In the video, Assad sits quietly during a sermon.
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- The last racial taboo
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- TIME chose Pope Francis as its Person of the Year. And it was the perfect choice for the Upworthy era.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 11, 2013
- 7 enduring lessons from It's a Wonderful Life
Subscribe to the Week