Iraqi officials are reportedly helping neighboring Iran skirt international sanctions by smuggling oil and letting Tehran surreptitiously move large amounts of money through bank auctions. According to The New York Times, Iraqi government officials — some with ties to Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Malik — are profiting from the activities.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Incheon: the next white elephant city
- How to flirt, according to science
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
Subscribe to the Week