raqi officials are reportedly helping neighboring Iran skirt international sanctions by smuggling oil and letting Tehran surreptitiously move large amounts of money through bank auctions. According to The New York Times, Iraqi government officials — some with ties to Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Malik — are profiting from the activities.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- How Captain America won over China
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
Subscribe to the Week