raqi officials are reportedly helping neighboring Iran skirt international sanctions by smuggling oil and letting Tehran surreptitiously move large amounts of money through bank auctions. According to The New York Times, Iraqi government officials — some with ties to Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Malik — are profiting from the activities.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
Subscribe to the Week