Iraqi officials are reportedly helping neighboring Iran skirt international sanctions by smuggling oil and letting Tehran surreptitiously move large amounts of money through bank auctions. According to The New York Times, Iraqi government officials — some with ties to Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Malik — are profiting from the activities.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- How to live a long life, according to science
- Yes, the Federal Reserve is politicized — and that's a good thing
- Is Amazon a monopoly?
Subscribe to the Week