n outbreak of salmonella has killed two people and sickened 141 others across 20 states. The source of the outbreak has been linked to cantaloupes from a farm in Indiana. The outbreak has been the worst in Kentucky, where two people died and an estimated 50 others have been infected. The Centers for Disease Control is warning consumers to be extra aware of where their melons are coming from, and if in doubt, to throw the fruit out.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week