An outbreak of salmonella has killed two people and sickened 141 others across 20 states. The source of the outbreak has been linked to cantaloupes from a farm in Indiana. The outbreak has been the worst in Kentucky, where two people died and an estimated 50 others have been infected. The Centers for Disease Control is warning consumers to be extra aware of where their melons are coming from, and if in doubt, to throw the fruit out.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
Subscribe to the Week