Several major investors in Groupon have decided to bail on the daily-deals site, which was once expected to yield immense profits. That includes Silicon Valley vet Marc Andreesen and at least four other major investors. Last week Groupon released a disappointing earnings report, and its stock price began to sink to a record low. Since its IPO last fall, Groupon has lost more than three-quarters of its stock market value.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- The week's best photojournalism
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
Subscribe to the Week