Several major investors in Groupon have decided to bail on the daily-deals site, which was once expected to yield immense profits. That includes Silicon Valley vet Marc Andreesen and at least four other major investors. Last week Groupon released a disappointing earnings report, and its stock price began to sink to a record low. Since its IPO last fall, Groupon has lost more than three-quarters of its stock market value.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 5 legitimate scientific controversies
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Why I got married — without a wedding
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 10 things you need to know today: October 2, 2014
- How to improve your workplace culture
- Why the Rubio-Lee tax plan is great politics — and great policy
Subscribe to the Week