Several major investors in Groupon have decided to bail on the daily-deals site, which was once expected to yield immense profits. That includes Silicon Valley vet Marc Andreesen and at least four other major investors. Last week Groupon released a disappointing earnings report, and its stock price began to sink to a record low. Since its IPO last fall, Groupon has lost more than three-quarters of its stock market value.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 20, 2014
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- The big policy question libertarians can't answer
- Girls on Film: 5 things that need to happen before Hollywood will ever truly change
Subscribe to the Week