fghan militants fired rockets into an American base in Afghanistan, hitting a U.S. Joint Chief of Staff's plane, military officials said Tuesday. U.S. Army Gen. Martin Dempsey was not in the plane, and no one was injured during the attack at Bagram Air Field on Monday night. Dempsey, who traveled to the country for talks with NATO and Afghan commanders on a series of recent rogue shootings, departed the base on Tuesday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week