Bad news for President Obama: The commander-in-chief and the Democratic National Committee raised just $75 million in July, much less than the $91 million the campaign shelled out during the same period. It's also significantly less than the $101 million that presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney raised last month. July marks the third consecutive month that Obama has spent more than he raked in, and Team Romney now has $60 million more in the bank than Obama does.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
Subscribe to the Week