Bad news for President Obama: The commander-in-chief and the Democratic National Committee raised just $75 million in July, much less than the $91 million the campaign shelled out during the same period. It's also significantly less than the $101 million that presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney raised last month. July marks the third consecutive month that Obama has spent more than he raked in, and Team Romney now has $60 million more in the bank than Obama does.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
Subscribe to the Week