Bad news for President Obama: The commander-in-chief and the Democratic National Committee raised just $75 million in July, much less than the $91 million the campaign shelled out during the same period. It's also significantly less than the $101 million that presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney raised last month. July marks the third consecutive month that Obama has spent more than he raked in, and Team Romney now has $60 million more in the bank than Obama does.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Rise of the machines
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 20, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's time to kill school picture day
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
Subscribe to the Week