"Mexican Barbie," part of Mattel's "Dolls of the World" collection, wears a fiesta dress, and carries a Chihuahua and a big pink passport. Mattel says all the collection's dolls carry documentation, but Jason Ruiz, a professor at Notre Dame, takes exception. "It is a point of contention and great sensitivity for people of Mexican origin, especially Mexican immigrants," he told ABC News, adding that "[Mexican Americans] are tired of being seen as merely colorful.” Click through for more disputed dolls.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The secrets of happy families
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Did God have a wife?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- Would you cuddle a stranger for $80 an hour?
- 7 strange things found in people's stomachs [Updated]
Subscribe to the Week