The White House confirmed on Tuesday that Vice President Joe Biden will be campaigning in Florida during the Republican National Convention, which takes place from Aug. 27-30. GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney will formally be nominated as the party's candidate on the final day of the convention. Biden meanwhile will make a stop in Tampa on the convention's opening day. The vice president will also be making stops elsewhere in Florida on Tuesday. President Obama won Florida four years ago, "but Republicans are hoping the week-long convention will help them recapture the key battleground."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
Subscribe to the Week