ropical Storm Isaac barreled into the Caribbean on Wednesday, gathering strength and threatening to turn into a hurricane that some models predict could hit Tampa next week, as 70,000 Republicans gather for their presidential nominating convention. Predicting the path of hurricanes is a notoriously inaccurate endeavor, but Florida officials and convention planners are preparing for the possibility of a destructive storm. The last major hurricane to hit Tampa, on Florida's west coast, was 90 years ago, although 2004's Hurricane Charley, a Category 4 tempest, came too close for comfort.
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- 10 things you need to know today: December 7, 2013
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- The hotel of enlightenment
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
Subscribe to the Week