artolo Colon, the veteran pitcher for the Oakland Athletics, has been suspended for 50 games after he tested positive for testosterone, which is on Major League Baseball's list of banned substances. According to CBS Sports, Colon resurrected his career after a controversial stem-cell treatment. He is 10-9 with a 3.43 ERA for the A's this year after going 8-10 with a 4.00 ERA with the Yankees last year. MLB made the announcement about Colon Wednesday, a week after San Francisco Giants outfielder Melky Cabrera received a 50-game suspension for also testing positive for testosterone.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
Subscribe to the Week