artolo Colon, the veteran pitcher for the Oakland Athletics, has been suspended for 50 games after he tested positive for testosterone, which is on Major League Baseball's list of banned substances. According to CBS Sports, Colon resurrected his career after a controversial stem-cell treatment. He is 10-9 with a 3.43 ERA for the A's this year after going 8-10 with a 4.00 ERA with the Yankees last year. MLB made the announcement about Colon Wednesday, a week after San Francisco Giants outfielder Melky Cabrera received a 50-game suspension for also testing positive for testosterone.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
Subscribe to the Week