OOD DAY FOR:
Getting to know our national treasures
Beer enthusiasts launch a petition on the White House website asking for the recipe for the official White House Honey Ale. [Death & Taxes]
Photos leak online of a naked Prince Harry engaging in a not particularly regal game of strip billiards in Las Vegas. [HyperVocal]
A comedy site successfully raises hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy a New York property that was inventor Nikola Tesla's last laboratory, with plans to turn it into a museum. [The Daily What]
BAD DAY FOR:
Getting a high-profile "Like"
The "iGrill" app gets so much traffic after winning an endorsement from Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg that its servers crash for two hours. [Business Insider]
A poll finds that two-thirds of Americans can't name a single Supreme Court justice. [Newser]
Arts & crafts
An elderly woman unintentionally destroys a 19th century Spanish fresco when she decides to "restore" the painting herself. [GlobalPost]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: August 21, 2012
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
- The last racial taboo
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
Subscribe to the Week