OOD DAY FOR:
Getting to know our national treasures
Beer enthusiasts launch a petition on the White House website asking for the recipe for the official White House Honey Ale. [Death & Taxes]
Photos leak online of a naked Prince Harry engaging in a not particularly regal game of strip billiards in Las Vegas. [HyperVocal]
A comedy site successfully raises hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy a New York property that was inventor Nikola Tesla's last laboratory, with plans to turn it into a museum. [The Daily What]
BAD DAY FOR:
Getting a high-profile "Like"
The "iGrill" app gets so much traffic after winning an endorsement from Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg that its servers crash for two hours. [Business Insider]
A poll finds that two-thirds of Americans can't name a single Supreme Court justice. [Newser]
Arts & crafts
An elderly woman unintentionally destroys a 19th century Spanish fresco when she decides to "restore" the painting herself. [GlobalPost]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: August 21, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why you're probably drinking your beer all wrong
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week