GOOD DAY FOR:
Getting to know our national treasures
Beer enthusiasts launch a petition on the White House website asking for the recipe for the official White House Honey Ale. [Death & Taxes]
Photos leak online of a naked Prince Harry engaging in a not particularly regal game of strip billiards in Las Vegas. [HyperVocal]
A comedy site successfully raises hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy a New York property that was inventor Nikola Tesla's last laboratory, with plans to turn it into a museum. [The Daily What]
BAD DAY FOR:
Getting a high-profile "Like"
The "iGrill" app gets so much traffic after winning an endorsement from Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg that its servers crash for two hours. [Business Insider]
A poll finds that two-thirds of Americans can't name a single Supreme Court justice. [Newser]
Arts & crafts
An elderly woman unintentionally destroys a 19th century Spanish fresco when she decides to "restore" the painting herself. [GlobalPost]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: August 21, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- What if The Purge was real?
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
Subscribe to the Week