On Wednesday, a subsidiary of the book publisher Penguin Group announced that it would publish a blow-by-blow account of the commando raid that killed Osama bin Laden, written by an unidentified Navy SEAL who participated in the raid. The book — titled No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed bin Laden — is due out on September 11 and has the potential to roil the presidential race just months before election day. The author, who is using a pen name, is reportedly no longer on active duty.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week