On Wednesday, a subsidiary of the book publisher Penguin Group announced that it would publish a blow-by-blow account of the commando raid that killed Osama bin Laden, written by an unidentified Navy SEAL who participated in the raid. The book — titled No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed bin Laden — is due out on September 11 and has the potential to roil the presidential race just months before election day. The author, who is using a pen name, is reportedly no longer on active duty.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- The secret advantages of great penmanship
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to live a long life, according to science
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
Subscribe to the Week