On Wednesday, a subsidiary of the book publisher Penguin Group announced that it would publish a blow-by-blow account of the commando raid that killed Osama bin Laden, written by an unidentified Navy SEAL who participated in the raid. The book — titled No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed bin Laden — is due out on September 11 and has the potential to roil the presidential race just months before election day. The author, who is using a pen name, is reportedly no longer on active duty.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
Subscribe to the Week