On Wednesday, a subsidiary of the book publisher Penguin Group announced that it would publish a blow-by-blow account of the commando raid that killed Osama bin Laden, written by an unidentified Navy SEAL who participated in the raid. The book — titled No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed bin Laden — is due out on September 11 and has the potential to roil the presidential race just months before election day. The author, who is using a pen name, is reportedly no longer on active duty.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
Subscribe to the Week