n Wednesday, a subsidiary of the book publisher Penguin Group announced that it would publish a blow-by-blow account of the commando raid that killed Osama bin Laden, written by an unidentified Navy SEAL who participated in the raid. The book — titled No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed bin Laden — is due out on September 11 and has the potential to roil the presidential race just months before election day. The author, who is using a pen name, is reportedly no longer on active duty.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
Subscribe to the Week