alifornia Gov. Jerry Brown has declared a state of emergency in three Northern California counties after a wildfire pulverized 64 homes and is threatening to destroy hundreds more. Dubbed the "Ponderosa Fire," the inferno has engulfed more than 24,000 acres. Brown's declaration of emergency in Plumas, Shasta, and Tehema counties looses the purse strings to allocate more funds as thousands of firefighters battle the blaze.
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- 10 things you need to know today: December 13, 2013
- How John Boehner learned to stop worrying and hate the Tea Party
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The Black Death is back
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- What one thing can determine whether or not you're successful in life?
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
Subscribe to the Week