Why do so many successful politicians have neglectful, alcoholic, or deceased fathers?
Paul Ryan's father died at a young age. But he's in good company, says Barron YoungSmith at Slate. Political leaders often have daddy issues
Rep. Paul Ryan's (R-Wisc.) proposed $32 billion cuts are far short of the $100 billion promised by Rep. John Boehner (R-Ohio) before the November elections.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
Subscribe to the Week