Why do so many successful politicians have neglectful, alcoholic, or deceased fathers?
Paul Ryan's father died at a young age. But he's in good company, says Barron YoungSmith at Slate. Political leaders often have daddy issues
Rep. Paul Ryan's (R-Wisc.) proposed $32 billion cuts are far short of the $100 billion promised by Rep. John Boehner (R-Ohio) before the November elections.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
Subscribe to the Week