Why do so many successful politicians have neglectful, alcoholic, or deceased fathers?
Paul Ryan's father died at a young age. But he's in good company, says Barron YoungSmith at Slate. Political leaders often have daddy issues
Rep. Paul Ryan's (R-Wisc.) proposed $32 billion cuts are far short of the $100 billion promised by Rep. John Boehner (R-Ohio) before the November elections.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hillary Clinton needs to win big in 2016. Here's how she can do it.
- Why are newspaper comics so terrible?
- On immigration, Obama is flirting with tyranny
- 10 things you need to know today: November 20, 2014
- How to rescue the American family and fix the broken school system in one fell swoop
Subscribe to the Week