Why do so many successful politicians have neglectful, alcoholic, or deceased fathers?
Paul Ryan's father died at a young age. But he's in good company, says Barron YoungSmith at Slate. Political leaders often have daddy issues
Rep. Paul Ryan's (R-Wisc.) proposed $32 billion cuts are far short of the $100 billion promised by Rep. John Boehner (R-Ohio) before the November elections.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
Subscribe to the Week