An autopsy concluded that Rodney King's death in June was the result of accidental drowning, although alcohol, cocaine, marijuana, and PCP were found his system and were contributing factors. No foul play is suspected and police have closed the investigation into his death. King became a symbol of the nation's continuing racial tension after his 1991 beating by Los Angeles police was caught on camera and subsequently led to a week of deadly riots. King was 47 years old when he died.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
- You're reheating pizza wrong
Subscribe to the Week