An autopsy concluded that Rodney King's death in June was the result of accidental drowning, although alcohol, cocaine, marijuana, and PCP were found his system and were contributing factors. No foul play is suspected and police have closed the investigation into his death. King became a symbol of the nation's continuing racial tension after his 1991 beating by Los Angeles police was caught on camera and subsequently led to a week of deadly riots. King was 47 years old when he died.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- America's most surprising banned books
- 11 weeknight dinners you can make without a recipe
- California's epic drought
Subscribe to the Week