An autopsy concluded that Rodney King's death in June was the result of accidental drowning, although alcohol, cocaine, marijuana, and PCP were found his system and were contributing factors. No foul play is suspected and police have closed the investigation into his death. King became a symbol of the nation's continuing racial tension after his 1991 beating by Los Angeles police was caught on camera and subsequently led to a week of deadly riots. King was 47 years old when he died.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 22, 2014
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
Subscribe to the Week