OOD DAY FOR:
A savvy tech company designs an affordable keyboard that you can pop in the dishwasher. [Tecca]
A Nepali man who was bitten by a cobra exacts his revenge, biting the snake back until it dies. [Reuters]
Barack Obameat and Meat Romney
A California mosaic artist creates portraits of the 2012 presidential candidates out of beef jerky. [The Daily What]
BAD DAY FOR:
Getting the rocker vote
Days after Paul Ryan's favorite band denounces him, Twisted Sister frontman Dee Snider slams the veep candidate for using one of TS' songs in his campaign. [New York]
Martin Scorsese is sued for agreeing to adapt the 1980 Shusaku Endo novel Silence, then putting off the project for 22 years. [Death & Taxes]
Cops nab two bank robbers who used lifelike masks in their heist by tracing the thank-you note the thieves wrote to the mask company. [Gothamist]
For more winners and losers, see: Good day, bad day: August 22, 2012
- Mexico's unluckiest thieves stole enough radioactive waste to make a dirty bomb
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why learning which of your Facebook friends hate you is a great idea
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 10 works of literature that were exceptionally hard to write
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
Subscribe to the Week