OOD DAY FOR:
A savvy tech company designs an affordable keyboard that you can pop in the dishwasher. [Tecca]
A Nepali man who was bitten by a cobra exacts his revenge, biting the snake back until it dies. [Reuters]
Barack Obameat and Meat Romney
A California mosaic artist creates portraits of the 2012 presidential candidates out of beef jerky. [The Daily What]
BAD DAY FOR:
Getting the rocker vote
Days after Paul Ryan's favorite band denounces him, Twisted Sister frontman Dee Snider slams the veep candidate for using one of TS' songs in his campaign. [New York]
Martin Scorsese is sued for agreeing to adapt the 1980 Shusaku Endo novel Silence, then putting off the project for 22 years. [Death & Taxes]
Cops nab two bank robbers who used lifelike masks in their heist by tracing the thank-you note the thieves wrote to the mask company. [Gothamist]
For more winners and losers, see: Good day, bad day: August 22, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week