OOD DAY FOR:
A savvy tech company designs an affordable keyboard that you can pop in the dishwasher. [Tecca]
A Nepali man who was bitten by a cobra exacts his revenge, biting the snake back until it dies. [Reuters]
Barack Obameat and Meat Romney
A California mosaic artist creates portraits of the 2012 presidential candidates out of beef jerky. [The Daily What]
BAD DAY FOR:
Getting the rocker vote
Days after Paul Ryan's favorite band denounces him, Twisted Sister frontman Dee Snider slams the veep candidate for using one of TS' songs in his campaign. [New York]
Martin Scorsese is sued for agreeing to adapt the 1980 Shusaku Endo novel Silence, then putting off the project for 22 years. [Death & Taxes]
Cops nab two bank robbers who used lifelike masks in their heist by tracing the thank-you note the thieves wrote to the mask company. [Gothamist]
For more winners and losers, see: Good day, bad day: August 22, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why cutting the government doesn't make it more efficient
Subscribe to the Week