ropical Storm Isaac is picking up steam, dumping heavy rains near Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. Forecasters say Isaac is now headed for the Dominican Republic and Haiti, where it could become a hurricane. It's possible that the storm could hit Tampa, Fla., and put a wrench in the Republican National Convention, which is supposed to kick off there on Monday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why Mindy Kaling — not Lena Dunham — is the body positive icon of the moment
- Why we need a maximum wage
- 10 things you need to know today: April 23, 2014
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
Subscribe to the Week