ropical Storm Isaac is picking up steam, dumping heavy rains near Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. Forecasters say Isaac is now headed for the Dominican Republic and Haiti, where it could become a hurricane. It's possible that the storm could hit Tampa, Fla., and put a wrench in the Republican National Convention, which is supposed to kick off there on Monday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How Captain America won over China
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week