Tropical Storm Isaac is picking up steam, dumping heavy rains near Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. Forecasters say Isaac is now headed for the Dominican Republic and Haiti, where it could become a hurricane. It's possible that the storm could hit Tampa, Fla., and put a wrench in the Republican National Convention, which is supposed to kick off there on Monday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
Subscribe to the Week