Tropical Storm Isaac is picking up steam, dumping heavy rains near Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. Forecasters say Isaac is now headed for the Dominican Republic and Haiti, where it could become a hurricane. It's possible that the storm could hit Tampa, Fla., and put a wrench in the Republican National Convention, which is supposed to kick off there on Monday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 22, 2014
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- What's wrong with Europe’s economy?
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
Subscribe to the Week