Tropical Storm Isaac is picking up steam, dumping heavy rains near Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. Forecasters say Isaac is now headed for the Dominican Republic and Haiti, where it could become a hurricane. It's possible that the storm could hit Tampa, Fla., and put a wrench in the Republican National Convention, which is supposed to kick off there on Monday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
Subscribe to the Week