Several people — the exact number was not immediately clear — were shot on Friday morning in front of the Empire State Building in New York City, CNN reports. The identity of the shooter — who was reportedly killed by police — was also not immediately clear, nor were other details about the incident or the status of the victims.
Update: New York City Mayor Bloomberg and Police Commissioner Ray Kelly have revealed the identity of the shooter at a press conference.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
Subscribe to the Week