Several people — the exact number was not immediately clear — were shot on Friday morning in front of the Empire State Building in New York City, CNN reports. The identity of the shooter — who was reportedly killed by police — was also not immediately clear, nor were other details about the incident or the status of the victims.
Update: New York City Mayor Bloomberg and Police Commissioner Ray Kelly have revealed the identity of the shooter at a press conference.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Deficit scolds are the most crazed ideologues in America
- A scientific fact-check of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- 10 things you need to know today: July 24, 2014
Subscribe to the Week