Several people — the exact number was not immediately clear — were shot on Friday morning in front of the Empire State Building in New York City, CNN reports. The identity of the shooter — who was reportedly killed by police — was also not immediately clear, nor were other details about the incident or the status of the victims.
Update: New York City Mayor Bloomberg and Police Commissioner Ray Kelly have revealed the identity of the shooter at a press conference.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week