Several people — the exact number was not immediately clear — were shot on Friday morning in front of the Empire State Building in New York City, CNN reports. The identity of the shooter — who was reportedly killed by police — was also not immediately clear, nor were other details about the incident or the status of the victims.
Update: New York City Mayor Bloomberg and Police Commissioner Ray Kelly have revealed the identity of the shooter at a press conference.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How I lost all my money
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- Ismail Kadare's 6 favorite books
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week