Several people — the exact number was not immediately clear — were shot on Friday morning in front of the Empire State Building in New York City, CNN reports. The identity of the shooter — who was reportedly killed by police — was also not immediately clear, nor were other details about the incident or the status of the victims.
Update: New York City Mayor Bloomberg and Police Commissioner Ray Kelly have revealed the identity of the shooter at a press conference.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- How Rand Paul's GOP opponents will use his minority outreach against him
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week