Why we should abolish the Supreme Court's ridiculous summer vacation
As John Roberts once quipped, "Only Supreme Court justices and schoolchildren are expected to and do take the entire summer off." Time to change that?
According to a recent survey, 2 in 3 Americans can't name a single Supreme Court Justice. Twenty percent of the people who took the poll were able to name Chief Justice John Roberts.
Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- The danger of the Democrats' lack of desperation
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
Subscribe to the Week