Why we should abolish the Supreme Court's ridiculous summer vacation
As John Roberts once quipped, "Only Supreme Court justices and schoolchildren are expected to and do take the entire summer off." Time to change that?
According to a recent survey, 2 in 3 Americans can't name a single Supreme Court Justice. Twenty percent of the people who took the poll were able to name Chief Justice John Roberts.
Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 10 things you need to know today: March 7, 2014
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- The end of academic freedom?
- 4 life hacks from ancient philosophers that will make you happier
Subscribe to the Week