Why we should abolish the Supreme Court's ridiculous summer vacation
As John Roberts once quipped, "Only Supreme Court justices and schoolchildren are expected to and do take the entire summer off." Time to change that?
According to a recent survey, 2 in 3 Americans can't name a single Supreme Court Justice. Twenty percent of the people who took the poll were able to name Chief Justice John Roberts.
Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: September 16, 2014
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
Subscribe to the Week