Why we should abolish the Supreme Court's ridiculous summer vacation
As John Roberts once quipped, "Only Supreme Court justices and schoolchildren are expected to and do take the entire summer off." Time to change that?
According to a recent survey, 2 in 3 Americans can't name a single Supreme Court Justice. Twenty percent of the people who took the poll were able to name Chief Justice John Roberts.
Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- 10 things you need to know today: August 20, 2014
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- Why your employer should clean your house and do your laundry
- The real lesson of Rick Perry's mug shot
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week