Why we should abolish the Supreme Court's ridiculous summer vacation
As John Roberts once quipped, "Only Supreme Court justices and schoolchildren are expected to and do take the entire summer off." Time to change that?
According to a recent survey, 2 in 3 Americans can't name a single Supreme Court Justice. Twenty percent of the people who took the poll were able to name Chief Justice John Roberts.
Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
- How any actor (even a really nice one) can play a truly evil villain like King Joffrey
Subscribe to the Week